Tuesday, April 4, 2017

March Wrap Up

A few other happenings from the quickest March ever! 
 
First, lets focus on Sethie-boy.  He and Jon had the most comical and outlandish miscommunication of all time.  I'll set the scene.  Ollie, Nolan, and I have run to Walmart on a Sunday afternoon.  Seth, a kid who loathes errands, chooses to stay home.  I tell him before I leave that it's quiet time in his bedroom for an hour until we get home because our hard-working Ababa deserves a nap on the couch. 
 
Fast forward to Ollie, Noey, and I getting home.  We pull into the garage and Seth runs out, starts jumping up and down yelling, "Dad said I could cut my hair!".  I don't even ask any questions, I know we have a kink somewhere in the system.  Meanwhile, I'm eyeing his hair.  It looks normal from some angles, definitely ring-wormy/mange-ish from other perspectives.  Oye.
 
Jon, meanwhile, comes out to help unload groceries and hears Seth.  Immediately he says, "No, I didn't!  I did not say you could cut your hair!" 
 
Well, long story short, Jon was on the phone with his brother, groggy from a Sunday afternoon nap.  Seth comes out to the living room and says, "Dad, can I cut my hair?"  Jon hears, "Dad, can I come out there?" and answers yes.  Kinda hilarious, kinda makes you want to bang your head against a wall. 
 
My phone was full and I didn't get any pictures.  But here's Seth every night when we check on him before going to bed ourselves.
 
On to Ollie. 
 
I signed him up for some swimming lessons before summer because I foresee a mom who will not be able to watch her six year old as close as she would like because of a very active one year old.  He is the youngest kid by far in his class (the other kids are 2nd to 5th grade) and he is one of the better swimmers.  It's been so fun to watch him gain confidence, strength, and speed!  He's proven his fishiness and I know I'll have greater peace of mind come summer.  
 



 
 
And Noey's turn.  As it turns out, I do not think/cannot tell that Noey misses Daniel.  We did have a couple of babies come over for the S'more party and he mauled both of them, one time saying "Ty Ty!" repeatedly, so that was pretty adorable.  I also cannot keep him out of the Christmas decorations as of late.  Look at that sneaky grin!
 
 

 

 
Happy Spring, it's onto April!

1 comment:

  1. Just wouldn't be right without at least one "hair cut" story! love that Ollie is such a fish and Nowey getting out Christmas. An obvious sign that it should be celebrated all year!

    ReplyDelete