Saturday, February 2, 2019

On to St. Louis!! Wait.... Dallas?!??

Momo and Mimi were super stars and babysat the boys so Jon and I could go to our dear friend, Kristen's, wedding in St. Louis. Well, that plan got majorly derailed after we flew into Dallas and found all flights to St. Louis cancelled because of a major winter snow. We decided to stay in Dallas for the weekend and make the most of our time away! We found a hotel downtown and made our way to the Deep Ellum neighborhood and made our own pub crawl. 
 
Warning: Do not continue reading and scrolling through pictures, unless seeing 35 selfies of Jon and I is your jam.
 
 We started with some pizza and drinks.
 
 
 
On to a cute little Japanese place for some sushi.
 
 
Maybe by this point we found a mural with an arch! We wanted a picture in front of the arch, just not this one.

On to Deep Ellum Brewing to sample a couple flights of beer.

 
 
Then to this place (???) for some house white wine.
 
By this point it started raining and during this photo op on a roof balcony, Jon told me I looked like a crazy lady. But when I see this picture, I see a very happy crazy lady, so that's something, right?
 
Over to a little pie bar.

 
Then we magically found a restaurant that had a bacon flight with their beer flights. Wha?!? Umm, yes.
 
 
We wondered through a legit candy store, succulent store, and stationary store. Super niche markets, and they were right in a row!
Then on to a comedy club, our last act of the evening.
 
The next morning we journeyed out in some wintery weather to see the great eye ball. Weird, no?
 
On to the Dallas Museum of Art.
 
And finally another bar to watch the Chiefs game before flying back home.
 
Jon's most perfect black and tan.
 
We really did have such a lovely weekend and I was proud of us for ditching the plan (after two different flights had been cancelled) and being spontaneous. Late on Saturday night I got onto fb to see if I could find any pictures from Kristen's wedding. And there she was! Looking absolutely beautiful; I hadn't seen her dress yet and was so smitten with it! My first thought was, 'yay! people made it to her wedding!', because in addition to Jon and I, we were meeing up with a handful of other college friends, and no one could get to St. Louis because of the snow.
 
My second thought was one of sorrow for missing her big day though. She is the type of person to always show up for her friends, no matter what, so I was sad not to be able to reciprocate.
 
Jon and I did toast her and Bob at every restaurant we went to (which if you were counting was probably somewhere between 7 and 15), so we were still thinking of them for sure.
 
To Kristen and Bob! May you live happily ever after!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment