Thursday, February 18, 2021

Hearty-Farty

 Happy Valentine's Day!

We are bundled up inside watching Gnomeo and Juliet on this bizarre snow day/v-day. The Austin area is supposedly going to break records today and tomorrow for record lows and record low highs. I let out the puppies this morning and promptly slipped on my ass. Just like the movies, where my feet slipped out in front of me, as if there was a banana peel in my imaginary cartoon. Ouch. And brrrrrrr.

Ollie is super fun to share holidays with. He loves to celebrate anything (me too!). He cooked dinner for us last night and had so much fun with it, he decided he would always cook valentine eve dinner and put it in his calendar. That kid. He was also snooping around in my room looking for valentine day goodies and talking about the toothbrushes, shirts, water bottles, and lunch boxes of years past. Jon is trying to trick him, telling him he is confused with Easter, so I'm waiting to put out the valentine goodies when he least expects it. 

Since everything is cancelled and everyone is stuck at home, we decided to make sure everything we eat today is red or in a heart shape and fill our day with movies, wii, and games. I made some sugary monkey bread type biscuits for breakfast and Ollie asked if he could bring some to his best bud, Avery, who lives across the street. (We just got Ollie's covid test back-negative.) Ollie was dancing around to prove that he would not slip like me and totally wiped out. Twice. Jon had a good belly laugh watching him out the window. 

Nolan has been darling because I told him I get to kiss him as many times as I want because it's Valentine's Day. He actually seems pleased to be pulled into the festivities and has let me get him at least 30 times so far today. 

Oh, and I almost forgot! My all time favorite valentine made me keto brownies! I thought it was super awesome. 

Games!


Nolan made a valentine for "my girlfriend, Payton" and then wrote out Daxton's name and mine. True love!

Seth's Valentine- Luna!

You are never going to believe this, but I was skunked during cribbage. (Almost twice! Sheesh.)


This v-day post was a draft in-waiting on blogger, I just needed to come back and push publish. Good thing I already wrote it because the day after Valentine's turned out to be a total disaster as we woke up with no power. You may have to wait a good bit before I feel the need to re-cap it, but we are now safe back at home. We also heard that the number of Texans without power has gone from over 4 million down to 400,000. Praying for those families that are still waiting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment