Monday, July 5, 2021

MO!!

 After Nolan, Ollie and I went to MN for the week, Jon and Seth drove up to Missouri to visit grandma and grandpa. Eli and Alexa  (plus me and O.N.) drove to meet Jon in Des Moines and we made the switcheroo and spent the remainder of the week with cousins and MO family. (Forgive me. Does that even make any sense? It seem like a simple and logical plan, which I am unable to describe. ha.)

Tree climbing Noey!

Cousin Movie Night

Our favorite Missouri farmers!

Turtle Time!

Dinner with some of our favorites.

The wind-swept look. :)

This picture makes me smile. I bet I have a picture of every single one of grandpa's grandchildren playing with his hat. 


Breakfast of champions.






Hiking around the farm. 

And of course time in the swing.



Look at this super cool project Joy and BJ were working on. Their back deck originally had no yard access, which was just silly. They improved things so much by adding a slide and stairs. The kids had a blast playing out here. 

You guys... you'll never believe it, but I also interviewed for and accepted a job while in Missouri! (The job is in Texas, don't get confused again.) Yay for zoom interviews because you can be states away and still get a job. Plus have notes and talking points spread out all around you and they can't see. Plus I wore pajama shorts. Plus I had an ice pack with me so I didn't look like I was sweating to death from nerves. 

Earlier this year I was passed over for a classroom teacher job and was pretty devastated. (That may be an understatement.) I was super excited to get another interview chance, since I haven't worked full-time in more than a decade, I think I'm somewhat of a gamble on paper. Plus for more than a year over 140 people are moving to the Austin area EVERY DAY and the teaching market is saturated. The interview went really well and I accepted a position to be Hutto Elementary's Technology Teacher. I am actually way more excited about this than being a classroom teacher and am glad I got this job rather than the first one. Anyway, I'll always have an extra fond spot in my heart for Joy and BJ's basement now as that's where I interviewed and got a job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment