Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Oh, Shoots.

I have much to report on my life in the past week. 

Like the fact that I finally learned what yolo meant while watching 20/20 with my parents.  What can I say?  #yolo

And that one of Bear's current favorite books is an astonishingly boring swimming lessons book distributed by the Red Cross, featuring a duck named Raffy and one of her friends named Plato Platypus.  Or Poopa Poopas according to Bear, which he has taken to calling me on occasion.

In fact, Bear has kind of been on a roll lately.  A few nights ago Jon and I heard yelling coming from the bathroom.  Bear appeared in the living room to complain it was all Soap's fault.  "Soap's not listening to me.  I'm mad at him."  The audacity of Dial!  How dare it not move closer when a three-year old can't reach it!?!  We were really in stitches when Bear went in later to finish washing his hands and we could hear him say, "Sowwy soap". 

We've also been on a board game kick around these parts.  I taught the boys how to play Uno, and was totally surprised that they totally got it and ate it up.  In fact, yesterday after quiet time I went in to Superman's room to find that he had already dealt out the cards and was waiting for Bear and I to play.  Can I just mention that out of five cards he had dealt himself 3 wilds?  It seems like something I would have done at 5.  Or 13.  When it's Bear's turn, I help him see the options that he can lay down and say something like, "Okay, you can play any green cards or a card with a three.  Oh you want that one?  Okay, play it!"  And then he holds that card to his belly and strums it like a guitar saying, "Don, don, don, don, don".  You know, he's playing it.  :)

Our other big request is Chutes and Ladders.  On that one we often lose interest half way through and just have our game pieces climb up whatever ladder fancies us and slide down all the really big chutes.  If you are not familiar with the game, it also has little pictures on it showing good and bad consequences.  If you help mow the grass, you get to climb up the big ladder and go to the circus for instance.  Or if you eat all the cookies you go down a chute and feel sick with a stomachache.  The other night we were eating dinner and Superman asked why there was mustard on the table.  Jon replied that Bear put it on the table because he knows that Ababa likes mustard on his sandwiches.  Superman to Bear:  "Oh wow!  You get to go on a ladder for that!" 

Milton Bradley's got nothing on us. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Your boys are darling. Bear "playing" his card? Superman saying "You get to go on a ladder for that!" Adorable!

    ReplyDelete