Friday, October 10, 2014

People with kids older than mine, tell me it gets easier!  Please! 
 
As the summer came to an end, I had a major grass is always greener mindset as I thought about how easy life would be once school started.  Hahahahaha hahahaha.... Ha. Ha.  Still chuckling.  ha.
For some reason, I thought I would have all this time on my hands to finish projects and work on things around the house.  Obviously, I forgot we planned on doing foster care.  One major bummer about foster care is all the initial appointments are a huge time suck.  And obviously I forgot that without an active big brother, my little guy would be looking to Mama.  Ollie really does well playing by himself and has such an imagination, plus he is really fun to play with, so that one is not really a negative, just not well thought out. 
 
I also didn't expect the toll school would take on Seth.  As I said before, he has come around and does love school now, it just wears him straight out.  Not so much in the tired sense, 'I better go to bed early', more of the cranky sense, 'I'm tired of listening and dealing with people all day'.  He's his mother's son in that regard. :) Both boys seem to take turns with feeling jealous as well, Seth in that he may have missed out while at school, and Ollie in that he doesn't want to have to share mom again.  I don't really know how to help sort this one out. 
 
One nice thing about the fall that was also completely unforeseen:  the grocery budget.  It has never looked better!  Between tricky kindergarten moods and a couple of newborns, sandwiches for dinner are quite common.  And not much is better on the budget than a huge Sam's jar of PB and honey from grandpa's bees. 
  
Lots of new fun art!
 
The birthday boy, happy to be working on new projects! 
 
Our baby peanut, she really is the cutest ever.  She has mostly gotten this day and night thing figured out and has slept well between feedings the last few nights.  Hallelujah! 
 
Some of Ollie's recent art. 
I love that he loves making tiny squiggles all over the page.  I love even more that he is now signing his name on all his art.   
 
Headbands.  Impossible for these two. 
No one can read, and no one knows what the heck Los Angeles is, or who George Washington is. 
On a funny side note, Seth came home from school the other day and wanted to tell me all about Christopher.  I figured this was a kid from school, but quickly learned he found us.  Us, like America. 
 
 
Seth modeling his new hat from the Stegner boys.  He saw this picture and was delighted because, "With my missing tooth, I look just like Donatello!" 
 
Ollie playing "narbles".  Narbles is a darling word, and I corrected him when he said it wrong and then immediately kicked myself.  I hope he says narbles for years.  :) 
 
Seth, looking handsome in his new shirt from g&g! 
 
Okay!  I better sign off!  I need to go work out before I lose a bet and owe my buddy Jennifer 50 bucks!  (Ain't neva gonna happen, Farbs!)

No comments:

Post a Comment