Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Nevertheless She Persisted

Remember that one time I escaped to NYC for the weekend? Ah, it was so great. I feel so proud of myself for going and meeting some of my long time friends. Priceless to keep up with these lovely ladies. It was whirlwind of a trip; 40ish hours in the big city, very little sleep, walking miles and miles, talking miles and miles.

Denver Airport! Where I first got to lay eyes on Pearl!

Meeting up with Megan in LaGuardia, then on to our hotel, the Stewart.

Let the adventuring begin!

Fun Korean BBQ place after our flights. We waited forever for a table but great company and lots to catch up on, so it was perfect. We (I?) went all out and ordered lobster. 

Closest I got to Lady Liberty! 

Bistro for breakfast! (Pass the coffee!) 

We had a meandering walk past all sorts of landmarks while we made our way to the NYC public library. Here we are with Fortitude (or maybe Patience?) before going in. Later my mom asked me if we did any shopping on the trip and I told her yep. We all spent money in the public library gift shop. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about us, I don't know what will. 

Aw, Pearl! One of my favorite pictures!  

Just a couple of hopeful authors standing in front of a publishing house! Keep on, friends!

Rockefeller Center 

Matching literary quote rings to commemorate our trip. I picked the one that said, "nevertheless she persisted". It feels very apropos.

When we saw this store at Rockefeller Center, my first thought was, 'maybe they will have the giant keyboard like in Big!'
Guys. They did.
Megan jumped out chopsticks like a champ.


Can't remember the name of this church. But it was warm and on the way. Ha.


My other favorite picture. Talking and joy. Nothing better.

Lunch somewhere delighful!

Best selfie we got in Central Park.

Megan the amazing.

Crypt Megan.

More Central Park.

Why yes, that is Mexican street corn. And lucky me, too spicy for anyone else. 

Times Square

Getting ready for our Broadway Show, the Book of Mormon. I can't in good conscience recommend it, because the language was outrageous, but I did laugh myself silly and enjoyed all the singing and dancing. A fun way to cap off our day of 20,000+ steps. 

And that folks, is a wrap! 
Also, can I say that out of the 3 of us, I was the last one to blog about the trip. Truly, this shocks me. 
Love you Pearl and Megan!

No comments:

Post a Comment