Friday, August 16, 2019

Back to School '19

Man oh man, time marches on.

Ollie is growing up, but in the most typical and obnoxious sort of way. He currently prides himself on being the annoying one in the family that can push everyone's buttons. He has such a classic 3rd-grade-slapstick-boy sense of humor. Despite more butt jokes than we know what to do with, he is such a cool kid. It is our joy to watch him grow and learn.

Seth has also shown growth and maturity this summer. We have seen him work on managing his mood in the best possible way and have definitely noticed how hard he is trying. Plus that kid is tall! Over 5 feet and now in the men's department for shoes. We are proud of our oldest!

We had a movie night with Detective Pikachu after Meet the Teacher Night, and I think a new tradition may have been born. I feel like it really helped with nerves because the boys got to re-connect with friends right before school started, plus it gave Seth something to focus on other than school (again, help with being nervous), and finally we stayed up late, so the next night (which was also the day before school) everyone fell asleep so easily. That's my pro tip for you if you have anxious kids. 


Seth participated in a few half days of transition camp this year, so he's got a couple "first day" pictures. 

Another first day of school picture. :)

My turn mom!!
(Nolan doesn't start back until after Labor day so more back to school to come.)

Ollie, 3rd grade, Mrs. Alexander


Hahahaha! This picture is classic.
Ollie: I'm so excited! I'm going to die!!!!!! 
Seth: Everyone is way too loud and way too close to me.
Nolan: If Ollie's excited, I am too!!!
Me: I love these kids, but get them out of here so I can shower. Now. 

Happy first day everyone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment