Thursday, January 9, 2020

Happy New Years!

Hey, only 9 days late! That's not so bad!

Party animal Jon went to our friend's NYE party, despite getting up at 3am in Minneapolis to catch our flight and traveling all day. Apparently he got there just in time for limbo. I hear 4 year-old Charlie won by simply walking under the stick every time.



2020, man! A new year, a new decade! We recently joined the Y, as they had a super sale going on and I figured the kids would love swimming this summer. I've since found out they have lots of fun classes that I have actually been going to. Whoop! I really never make resolutions, but this year it seemed like I had some ideas percolating, so why not call them resolutions? 
1) Work out 3 times a week (or more!)
2) Run a 5k. I've probably done 5-7 5K's in my life, but have yet to actually run an entire 5K.
3) Keep up with our church's Bible reading plan for the New Testament.
4) Start an Etsy shop. 

Ollie has been pretty into resolutions the last few years. This year one of his goals is to have 3 resolutions because last year he only had 2.  For some reason when he told me this, it cracked me up. Last year his resolutions were to own all the Dog Man books and..... oh man, I can't remember his other one. This year he hopes to improve his mile time and get it under the 6 minute mark (he is currently sitting at 6.14ish), and hasn't picked his others yet. I'll have to remember to come back and edit this when he decides. 

Jon's resolution is to figure out what on earth is going on with his job. We've been toying with (or we've been toyed with?!?) the idea of a move for the Texas Forest Service to Austin or College Station for the last few years. 2020 seems like the year we get that whole deal tied up. Fingers crossed. 

Your resolution should be to come and see us! Happy 2020! 

No comments:

Post a Comment