Sunday, September 20, 2020

September 14th

 Oh me oh my. The kids are all Hippos now, (our new school mascots) and I could not be more pleased. The last day they attended school was March 13th, 6 months later we are back! A few nights ago Ollie said, "This was the best day ever!" (It was a totally normal day; absolutely zero special events, not even school.) "I feel like I'm doing a lot better lately. I feel... I feel... You know what? I feel happy." Hallelujah! 

Here's some back to school pictures. Again! Because why not? 

I've been enjoying the sun rise on our walks! (Let's be honest though. I would be enjoying this walk to school even if it were raining cats and dogs.)

Happy first day my little hippos!

The school schedule is perfect because by the time I walk Nolan and Ollie to school and return home, it's not even time for Seth to wake up yet. Elementary starts at 7:40 and Middle School at 8:35. All the kids eat breakfast at school, all the kids walk. I am living my best life. 

Seth's first in-person day at Farley Middle School. 

Go Hippos!

After drop offs Jon had the lovely idea to take me out to coffee before he went in to work. You could tell many other parents had the same idea. 


I have been loving doing my own thing. I got Seth's room painted, ran errands, and met an old uni friend for lunch. (And if you couldn't tell by the last sentence, I also have been watching plenty of British sitcoms.) I spent time with hippo HR to start subbing at Ray and have been sitting on my front porch watching houses being built. I feel like Ollie. Nothing super special, but lots of best days ever. 



No comments:

Post a Comment