Sunday, October 18, 2020

Let's hold hands: LBK Guests

 A stream of people continues to visit us. It makes me feel so loved and my heart so happy. Our good friends Dan and Eryn were in town for other reasons, but we all were super glad they came over to see us as well. 

Lincoln and Noey were thrilled to spend time playing again. I love how they were unintentionally matching with black and red, and I believe Noey was even wearing hand-me-downs from Linc. Lincoln had a new stuffed animal he was bringing every where, so Nolan decided he needed one too.  

I don't need to tell you that I melted when Nolan asked Lincoln to hold hands. Gah, sweet boys. 



We have been going to church with Dan and Eryn and participating in community with them for over 6 years. (Maybe 7?) I knew Eryn before she ever ran a marathon. Our families have seen new kids, new houses, new dogs, new jobs, new diagnoses, new hardships, and new seasons of soccer together. I'm grateful for their faithfulness in both their love for Christ, and how they have steadily walked beside us. On the con list of moving, their family was high on the list. 



We have played a little game over the years where we try to hide a porcelain black box in the other families home. The box started as a loser's prize in bunko, which Jon rightfully had won, but since it was so ugly, I claimed the hosts couldn't take any prizes and we made Dan and Eryn (the second place losers) take it home. The most epic hides would have to be the time it was buried in a popcorn tin, and the time it made it's way into a moving box. When they came to visit I was planning to be on high alert because I figured they would try to sneak it in, but when they came I was so happy to see them that I totally forgot! When they were leaving at the very last minute, it crossed my mind and I got super suspicious when they were giving us a gift from a mutual friend. Dan casually said, "We don't have the black box." What??? I immediately assumed it meant that they got rid of it, because surely no sneaky business had gone on! Jon immediately assumed it was hidden in our house. But it never turned up! I didn't think much more about it until some other Lubbock friends confirmed that it is currently hidden in our house. I'm stymied! Where could it be? But I'm delighted. The game is afoot. Ha!

Love you, D.E.S.M.L.I! Come back and see us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment