Monday, January 4, 2021

Introducing Luna and Kingsley!

We drove all the way to Lubbock to pick up our puppies from a friend of a friend. I had been on the hunt for a dog or cat for a while and was not having any luck. Between the covid demand for puppies, plus not wanting a dog that sheds, plus not wanting to pay 3 grand, plus not wanting to deal with over the top home-studies from the shelters in the area, I was striking out big time. When Laura texted me that her friend had texted her and told her that he wanted to drop off two puppies for her kids for Christmas (of course she responded something similar to "over my dead body") I jumped. "Tell him that I want them!" I texted back after a lightening quick google search on the breed. (They are Chorkies, half Yorkie, half Chihuahua.)

Picking up the new pups!

 

I texted Ellie and asked her if she would take care of them over night since we were staying in a hotel and thus great photo ops were created. Here they are in an American Girl bed. 


Laura also did some glamour shots, which cracked me up. 




The one below is my favorite. They make a little heart. Kingsley is the boy on the left, definitely carrying more Chihuahua and Luna is the girl on the right, way more fluffy and Yorkie-ish. 


Armed with towels, blankets, and a laundry basket, we all took turns holding them the entire way home. 




Since home, everyone has been in love. (Jon has even begrudgingly admitted they are cute, and has been seen playing with them or taking pictures of them.) When we were picking names I asked Jon about Salix or other Latin tree names. He responded, “no, that will endear them to me too much” which absolutely cracked me up. Nolan and Seth are by far the most interested and play with them and snuggle them multiple times a day. So far my favorite part of puppies is seeing the kids love on them. 





I never would have gotten two puppies if it were up to me, but I am so glad we have two. They are so much better together. I feel like they hardly ever whine, but do immediately when they can't find each other. They also play together tons so I'm hoping that means less chewing things up out of boredom. Fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment