Saturday, March 27, 2021

10.5

 What is it with these pictures? The camera angle? The shadows? Why does Ollie look so old? 


The other day he was helping me prep food for our upcoming trip to Colorado and Ollie said, "I just wish we had something to talk about. I wish I didn't know you so well. I wish I didn't know all your stories." 

This came as a surprise. Does every parent feel this way? The attitude of: you are basically my heart walking around outside my body and I would take a bullet for you, but there ain't no way you know me. 

Now quit being so presumptive and go set the table for dinner. 

I told him he should ask questions about how dad and I met and started dating. Once the stories got going (which included Jon and I going to a creek to catch fish for Jon's roommate's fish tank), I had to call Jon into the room to hear Ollie's very favorable responses. "Oh man, mom. You are a trooper. You are the absolute best. All the girls I know have too much drama to be involved in that."

I'm not sure if I was laughing harder at Ollie's comments or at Jon's response of muttering something along the lines of, "that's before I knew all about her opinions".

Ha! Anyway Ollie, happy halfie! Love you bud!


No comments:

Post a Comment