Sunday, April 4, 2021

Cousin Camp Wrap-Up!

 Happy Easter! We rolled back into town yesterday after a full 7 days of travel. Neighborhood kids surrounded our car shouting, "You're back! Where have you been?" as we pulled into the drive. (This crazy neighborhood.)  Our hearts are full; our eyes tired. 

Our time away started in Lubbock and it was so sweet. Most of our friends have been so cautious during this last year and many are now vaccinated, so I feel like getting together with friends felt even sweeter. For example, we stayed with our friends Dan and Eryn and had the surprise party at their house. They moved over a year ago, but I heard so many people compliment their house because they hadn't felt like they could have people over yet. It was crazy to realize that some at the party hadn't see one another in over a year. 

Nolan and Linc are the absolute sweetest friends. The big boys all had a blast together as well playing minecraft. 

Our puppies did NOT like Indy (unlike Noey!). It was a good thing I was paying the Hohbein kids to take care of them. But I doubt we will ever do that again as Luna was a terrible traveler and threw up multiple times in her crate. Boo!

We also got to attend church and see familiar faces, and had a few comments like, "Oh! So great to see you! Sorry you had to move during covid!". Another person told me they recently inquired about us, wondering if we had changed churches. It really did my heart so good to be back; I definitely teared up during worship and the sermon.  

Then onto Colorado!


Sutton had the absolute perfect set-up for us at Trail West. We stayed in The Elk, which had three master bedrooms with on suites, plus 2 more bathrooms and about 9 additional beds. Everyone took turns with cooking, which worked out perfectly because I don't know that 16 people would have found dining out particularly enjoyable with babies and pre-kers. 

Plus we got to meet the newest Mot and she was oh so sweet! 




One day we went tubing, that was a highlight for me! 


My favorite was piling as many little people in my lap as I could so we would zoom even faster.



The first night we were there it snowed! It really wasn't cold though. I forget what it's like to be at such a high elevation and be so close to that blazing sun. We would be out playing on the back deck and my watch would say that the weather was 45, but it felt like low 80s. 

We also made sure to check out lots of parks, both in BV and at the camp. 

Layla would get herself into some deep snow and call for Sethie to come save her. 


Picnic lunch!





We also had lots of books, crafts, and play time. 



Easter baskets!


Lizzie made progress on her crawling skills over the week!


Snow Cones!

The kids majorly freaked out to see how cool Uncle Josh was on his motorcycle. 


Here's two little sneaksters. What's your vote, an extra mint bar or were they sneaking more Easter candy?

Play time with gpa!




Touring the back room at Souled Out T-Shirts, where Uncle Josh works.

And of course we had to have the silly shot of Cousin Camp 2021. LOVE IT!

Overall it was a wonderful week. Great to catch up with family, great to be hiking and playing in the mountains. While I love our big Mot family, I'm especially partial to the following goobers. 



(Photo cred for Jon's picture goes to Nolan.)

Do you know what makes me so happy? On the last night in CO, my sis-in-law, Joy asked, "What can we do to make Cousin Camp even better next year?" I honestly didn't have an answer. But I love that this is a gathering our families can look forward to each year!

No comments:

Post a Comment