Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Our Sweetie

Today, one year ago, we got to meet our oldest son!  Once again, I cried.  This time however, I tried to hold back, because our sweet boy was already scared, hesitant, and had been woken up during a nap.

After a trip across town and through some major rutted out roads, we pulled up to his orphanage.  I was suprised when we were shown into the living room area to see all the toys and a tv on.  The "big kids" were napping when we got there and soon enough the most beautiful 2 1/2 year old boy came down the stairs. 

S-Man was super shy the first time he met us, but slowly warmed up through out the 10 days we were there.  When we returned in Sept to pick him up, he was running to our arms.  Multiple times today he ran up to me to squeeze my leg and plant a big kiss on me with lots of 'I love yous'.  He has expeirenced so much change in one short year!  The love he has for his family means even more in light of all the loss he had expereinced.

S, I am so proud of all your growth in every area immaginable.  I look forward to your learning and adventures each day.  I love you so much!













No comments:

Post a Comment