Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday

Some random thoughts:
  • Superman has his first crush.  I can't decide if I should blog about this or not.  It is quite darling and he has made a dozen hilarious quips about this young lady, but I am not sure if blogging about it would be considered an invasion of privacy?  I'm looking ahead and thinking perhaps that in the eyes of a growing tween/teen, this entire blog may be considered an invasion of privacy....     
  • Tube surgery went great.  Anesthesia can be really rough on kids, with a very intense waking up period, but Superman did so wonderfully.  The nurses and doctors were such a blessing to us.  Afterward we went out and grabbed some doughnuts and headed home for a movie. 
  • Jon and I have been thinking about foster care and foster-to-adopt for a while now and recently decided to jump in.  We just finished up our first class, PRIDE: Parent Resource for Information, Development, and Education.  We are thinking we will probably become licensed some time mid to late summer, so we still have quite a bit of paperwork, classes, and our checklist to get through.  So far the differences between adopting from the state and from another country seem a mile long.  I'll save some of those thoughts for another day, though.  
  • Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate some of the comments on your first bullet point. I always pause when I am posting something about the kids to think whether it is fair or not to them to post it. Sometimes if I don't know, I ask them whether I can post it or not (I have the advantage of older kids who can give an opinion regarding this). It does mean that some of the funnier things that happen, or even some of the sadder things that happen can't make it in the blog if they do not allow it. However I would rather respect them than take advantage of them for the sake of a funny story.

    ReplyDelete