Monday, September 16, 2013

Family Day, 2013

Can you even believe you are reading this post?  Two Years?  How can it be, I ask you.  How can it be? 

Things in the Mot household are calm and sweet these days. We are enjoying our boys and family more than ever.  As usual, Jen Hatmaker wrote a blog post that summed up much of what I was thinking about hitting the two year mark.  We could especially relate to two different points she made.  The first being how life seemed like it was always going to feel hard, even simple little things.  Then one day, the pressure seems to lift and things feel good, sweetly good.  We could also relate to how our opinions and thoughts about orphan care have changed since adopting, much like how new parents might feel differently about parenting a couple years in.  That seems like a weighty sentence.  Perhaps I'll unpack those feelings later in another post.

But here we are!  Two years as a family and feeling extremely blessed.  God is faithful and life is sweet and full of grace around these parts. 

Both of our boys are so in love with their Ababa these days (what's new, I know, I know.).  This morning when Jon came out of the bathroom, Bear said, "There's my favorite guy!"  And to make sure there was no confusion, he points at Jon and says, "You're my favorite guy!" 

Superman has also had some darling prayers recently. 
Jon: Who do you want to pray for?
S: I want to pray for you!
God thank you that Ababa is my daddy.  Thank you that you take care of him.  And thank you that you are with Ababa at work and thank you that you are with me.  Amen. 

Today to celebrate Family Day we went swimming and had some fun kid style.  It seemed too perfect when a child playing nearby asked Superman who his mom was, and he responded with a big smile, "That's her!  With the purple shirt on!  She's my Mama."  Yes, babe, I am.  Forever.







3 comments:

  1. I love this post, I love that our families are celebrating two years! I remember back to the hard moments on trip one and I think to myself.... who would have thought I would finally be at this happy peaceful place.... Feeling blessed these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2 years! They are precious. I love hearing the funny things they say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Happy 2 years! Joy I must tell you that I am also chop liver in comparison to Denny..the boys love their daddy and everything he does.

    ReplyDelete