Friday, August 14, 2015

Fun with Fairfax Folks; Farwell Summer Festivities!

Okay, so I was just trying to see how long I could make that alliteration.  You got me. 

But it's true!  We have had the best summer!  Summer travels galore and our most recent trip was no exception to the fun!

We got up waaaay too early on a Tuesday morning, excited to get to see Joyce and Steve.

Here's Seth on the first flight, looking as tired as Jon and I felt. 


Here's Ollie, crazed with excitement.  Early mornings can't bring him down! 

The boys had fun traveling and did a great job.  Ollie looked out the window, squealed with excitement (complete with his hands on his cheeks), people watched, and finally napped.  Seth had questions on all things air craft related and asked the pilot his questions upon exit that Jon and I couldn't adequately explain.  He played with toys and colored to his heart's content in his sticker book. 
Ollie, cracking me up by keeping his crayons in his shirt pocket.

Waiting in Dallas for our flight.
 
And this is how you look later that afternoon after getting up at 4.  
 
But then we got to see Joyce and Steve!
 
Steve: "Here's my two new favorite people!"
 
We checked out Burke Lake Park with Joyce and rode the train.  Two thumbs up!


 
Best Picnic lunch ever.  Gummy penguins and cookie butter was involved.
 
 
Seth snapped some pics as we were waiting for the carousel. 
 
More happy faces!
 
And of course, geocaching, hiking, and playing in water.
 
I grew up so close to my Aunt Joyce and Uncle Steve and loved going to see them in the summers of my youth.  I was very glad the boys finally got to meet Steve and of course it was great to catch up with both of them.  There was definitely an element of nostalgia being in their house again. 
 
 
After swimming and a couple nights in our hotel...
 
 
we said goodbye for a few days....
 
and spent the next four days with these people!! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment