Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Adoption Day: Court!

Oh man, we had so much fun at court last Friday.  It was such a joyful, happy experience.  So many friends (plus family!) showed up to support us and demonstrate their love.  It was just too sweet!  I made Jon do all the talking, I knew I would be crying.  Sometime before we got there Ollie asked me if I would cry.  Does that kid know me or what?! We tried to keep Noey busy with fruit snacks and let him run around while waiting.  We had plenty of kids around to herd him along the halls outside of the courtroom, and he seemed to love being chased around. 
 
Daddy and Noey
 
Jon and I getting sworn in.  Everyone laughed when the boys raised their right hands, too.  The judge made some comments about how they have now sworn to always tell the truth, thus doing us a big parenting favor. 
 
Our attorney, Barbara Dickerson asking Jon her questions. 
 
Me, being asked two questions: name and do I agree with all Jon's answers.  That's all it took, and I'm crying.   
 
Celebration time!  Noey is declared a Mot!!
 
As soon as we put a squirming Noey down he made straight for Judge Hart and his STAIRS!
 
Noey is usually pretty stranger leary so it was such a cute surprise to see him so at ease with the Judge. 
 
Judge Hart has all the kids in his courtroom pick out a teddy bear to adopt. 
 
We're official!  Picture time!  
 
Jon, myself, and a couple teddy bears (one later named Fuzzball) are way more excited than Nolan.   
 
Seth; enjoying a doughnut on the witness stand.  :)
 
Uncle Josh, on "hold on to these, will ya?" bear duty. 
 
Family Pictures!  Our beautiful family! 
 
Aw!  This is tearing me up!  Three handsome sons! 
 
Grandma and Grandpa in on the action! 
 
And Uncle Josh! 
 
And here we are!  Official family of five! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, what a great day. I am so happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete