Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Spring Broke

(I decided I was going to past-tense-ify that phrase, just so you know.) 
 
We had a lovely spring break last week. Once upon a time we talked about going to Austin, but that was quickly vetoed once we realized we were still going to have two babies.  So we stayed in Lubbock and did stay-cation types of things, and it was so grand.  No packing, our own beds, all that good stuff.  Maybe look back to a post I did last spring where I declared camping in the basement the best ever.  Similar vibes.  Plus I didn't even feel bad about spending extra money, because we surely would have spent more in Austin. 
 
Noey started the week by learning CPR and practicing chest compressions on Ollie.
(He's an extremely advanced 1 year old.)

 
We celebrated 3.14 with Pi.  I broke my diet for this bad boy.  #noregrets
 
We went to Safety City one cool morning.  This is the only activity I took all four kids to by myself, which explains this single picture I snapped.  The big boys rode bikes, scooters, and pedal cars and played an elaborate game of cops and robbers with new and old friends.  Daniel was a little peach and a friend's young girls fought to push him around in his stroller.  This lil lion was not happy unless he was off exploring and chewing on sticks.  (Mentally, think of Jennifer's favorite saying: "at least you're cute, kid!)
 
I think my favorite part of the whole week was taking Seth and Ollie out individually for an evening to spend some one-on-one time together.  (They are currently very opposed to the word "date", but using it sure would have made that previous sentence shorter.)  Seth and I went out on Tuesday evening and went to the Lego Batman movie again.  It's a favorite for sure.  We went to my favorite theatre, Alamo, so ate our dinner while we watched the movie.  Yum!  Seth was so very darling, I let him sit in the front seat on the drive and you could tell it made him feel so special.  He usually is not much for small talk or chatting but he went on and on telling me all sorts of things that were happening at school. 
 
After we spent some time rock climbing.  I didn't actually climb, but should have.  Next time. 
 
He made it to the top several times!
 
Noey was way into legos for the week.  ;)
 
We played outside at home lots. 
 
 
 
On Thursday Ollie and I went out.  He choose Burger King for dinner.  Not ideal, I know.  :) With the babies it's been hard to get some alone time with these bigs for any extended period of time.  They really are such cool kids and I'm glad we were able to spend some time hanging out. 
 
We went to Adrenaline City, a place with a trampoline park, ropes challenge course, and laser tag. 
 
The surprise of the evening was how much Ollie loved laser tag.  He only wanted to jump for a few minutes before we played tag over and over.  Playing tag with Ollie and watching him zoom around was so fun.  Maybe the bigger surprise of the evening was how much I ended up loving laser tag because of him.  
 
Then on Friday night Jon used a free hotel night and we swam and ate pizza. 
 
Two minutes there and Ollie's already in the hot tub.

 
Noey, quite in love with the hotel mirror.
 
The babies and I went home for bed and this was not a mistake.  Pearl tells me that you take the o and t out of hotel, and you are just left in hell.  
 
Reason number 173 why spending time in a hotel with a young family is terrible: Young boys can not figure out how to sleep in a queen bed thus making bed sharing nearly impossible. 
 
Reason number 1,093,776 why Jon is a good dad:  He knows this and chooses to go on adventures with them at this stage anyway. 
 
 
We finished up our week by going out for ice cream/doughnuts on Sunday!
 
Two thumbs up for stay-cation spring break 2017!
 

1 comment: