Saturday, May 27, 2017

Mama's Weekend Get Away

Man, oh man!  Remember that May when I all but forgot to blog? It's not for lack of fodder, just time I suppose! 
 
I had a super fun weekend recently and got to take a trip solo to visit my Aunt Joyce and Uncle Steve in Virginia.  Truly, their address and phone number are the only ones I have had memorized for my entire life, so there definitely is an element of nostalgia pulling up to Willowbrook Road and being back in that neighborhood.  And I didn't visit in the summer!  So I didn't die in the heat and humidity! 
 
We had fun sitting around, chatting and catching up, and making sure we had ice cream at least once a day.  Sethre's on vacation; what can I say?  Joyce took me to her church, and I got to meet some of her friends and community.  It was really nice!  We also ate at some really delicious restaurants and went to some crafty and touristy stores in Occoquan, VA. 
 
Villagio in Clifton.  So yummy! 
 
An excellent Ethiopian meal!
 
Before Joyce took me to the airport on the last day, we had an ice cream buffet. 
 
About to head off!  The time went too quick!
 
 
I'm sure you already know this, but Jon is such a peach.  Not only did he encourage me to take a solo trip to see Joyce and Steve, he did such an excellent job of taking care of the boys and manning the fort.  I came home to flowers and welcome home cards from the boys.  
 
Here is Nolan working on his.  (With a little taste testing of the crayons.)
 
Kids were even bathed!
(Nolan is now 15 months and I think this is the second time Jon has ever given him a bath.  Ha!)
 
Annnnd Nolan and Jon even cleaned the floors.  Yep.  You heard that correctly. 

 
A great weekend, all around!  Thanks for having me Joyce and Steve!  Now that we've seen how Jon and the boys thrive without me, I'll have to come more often!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment