Sunday, May 28, 2017

Seth

 Last day of second grade! 
 
We are forever thankful to Mrs. Cole, a wonderfully empathetic and caring teacher.  She loved Seth on his grumpy days....
 
and his happy ones!
 
Here he is getting his awards, which included, year-long A/B honor roll, excellence in math, and a PE award for athletics and citizenship from Coach Serna.  Seth really admires Coach Serna, so this one was pretty special.   
 

 
Seth continues to love all things inventive and imaginitive.  His current favorite way to spend time is a running monologue of all the things he is going to invent and do.  This includes (but is not limited to!) his underground bat cave that he is currently constructing (there's a 2 ft by 2 ft by 2 ft hole in the alley that he has dug that will be the entrance), a potion that he will concoct that will turn him into a wizard which will give him the ability to turn into anything ( "I can be a clock!  Or a lemur!"), or making a Wild Kratt Tortuga headquarters, in which our family will live.  Conversations frequently start like this:  "Hey Mom, can we talk?" "Sure, Seth."  "I wanna talk about my Tortuga I'm going to make.  Tell me.... lets see... yeah, tell me 30, no 50... yeah 50.  Tell me 50 things you want in your bedroom."   
 
I try to oblige.  To say it's an exercise in patience for me would be an understatement. 
 
He had some money saved up and I have been giving him a few gentle nudges to buy a ripstick.  I'm hoping this will be something he doesn't conquer in 30 minutes and will keep him slightly busy for a couple hours with no broken bones to show for his success. 
 
But that's our Sethie boy!  His brain is whirling at a hundred miles an hour, with his body just slightly behind at 85 miles an hour.  (Ha... today when he was in the middle of his wizard monologue, he told me that he would be able to turn into a tornado.  Oh yes, it made me chuckle.  I told him I had indeed already seen him as a tornado, I do believe that magic is quite possible.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment