Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Nolan

Noey is 15 months!  He makes us laugh every day, what with his vigorous vacuuming and what not.  One of my favorite things that he currently does is when he comes over for a kiss.  I'll be sitting on the living room floor and he will suddenly drop what he's doing and run at me with a fish face.  Then he bows his head down and I kiss him on the forehead. 
I also catch him practicing his fake crying face in my bathroom mirror, so there is that too.  Ug. 

 

 
One of his favorite words right now is "chay" (cheese), which he says whenever he sees Jon or I pull out our phones.  He is following in Ollie's footsteps, with the love of selfies. 
 
Sidenote:  I really don't think we even say cheese that much!  I find his behavior to show me otherwise though.  Why else would he have learned it so readily?
 
Here's some of our best selfies from the last few days:

 
 
 
This is a good one, because I'm pretty sure he is still saying, "Chay!"
 
Speaking of getting out our phones, I gave a extremely grumpy Nolan (teething! Ug!) my old phone to hold on to a few days ago and it turned him into an extremely happy Nolan. 
 
I haven't repeated the act though, for fear of creating a monster.
 
 
Other new words include, "ba" (ball), not to be confused with the "ba" he says when we get to the sheep page in the peek-a-boo animal book. 
 
"Ma" is also a pretty universal word, used for milk, up, and moo on the cow page.  "Gengoo" is thank you and "oh oh oh" is row, row, row and lets you know it's time to sing and play.  He puts his fingers together and sticks his elbows in the air when he wants to sing Itsy Bitsy Spider.  "Diddy" started out as puppy, the stuffed animal he sleeps with, but now diddy can be used for any stuffed animal, or just an excited exclamation.  He says "mama" and "dada" and is starting to say something for Sethie and Ollie, but it's not really consistent yet.  Needless to say, we find it all very enchanting. 
 
But he also drives me crazy with his desire for independence. 
 And wanting to feed himself with a spoon. 
 
In true Motsinger kid form, he also loves something one day and hates it the next. 
Loved blueberries one day and everyday I've tried since, he just throws them all on the floor or smashes them with his pointer finger.  Then throws them. 
 
He still gets himself in some tight spots. 
(Sorry, not sorry for this one Noey.  I just can't look at it without laughing.)
 
He still mostly sleeps bottoms up with his Diddy.
 
And one last picture from a friend's house.  Even with his eyes closed he's the cutest. 
 
And that's our sugarbear!  15 months and born to roam!  It's true that babies don't keep, so we are just trying to hold on tight to the days here and now.

1 comment:

  1. Looooove this. Swooning over sweet Noley. I was just updating the baby book tonight for Jo (ex.haust.ing.). UGH the desire to feed themselves with a spoon!!!! Forks only kiddos. Sweet things. Babies do not keep indeed.

    ReplyDelete