Monday, February 5, 2018

Master Bedroom!

Viola!  Four years later, we have made some changes to our master bedroom!  I spent longer than I care to tell you looking for before pictures of this room.  Who knows where those suckers ended up at, but picture wallpaper (both floral and striped) and taupe walls.  We moved in and tacked a couple dark brown, light-blocking curtains that we already had over the windows.  The curtains, coupled with the dark wall paper made for a very dark cave room, even though the room is actually humongous and does get some good afternoon sun.     
 
We are still rocking our $5 green auction chairs that we have had since we got married.  (I'm sitting in one right now.)  They are stained and gross and are definitely on the chopping block if I ever happen upon a couple other perfectly sized, comfortable $5 chairs.  Also I'm still on the hunt for a rug... 
 
 
I painted the desk/hutch thing and the cube bookshelf to match.  It's kind of a gray/navy color.  The wall behind the bed is the wall that was (still is!! Shhhh!) wallpapered.  We have taken out a lot of wallpaper in this house and I've learned the process.  Step one: remove wall paper, and you are staring at sheetrock.  Prime said sheetrock, then texture primed wall, prime wall yet again to paint, and finally paint wall.  In an effort not to relive all those steps, I figured we could just paint right over the wallpaper, but we also put that grid on the wall to kind of hide wall paper lines and imperfections.  At the end of the day, I don't think the grid necessarily saved us any time on the aforementioned steps of wallpaper eradication, but I do like how the wall looks and it was nice to have a new task before us.  I made some new curtains and the headboard, Jon hung the reading lamps, slapped a coat of white paint (and poly acrylic.... I'm learning!!) on the nightstands, and it all looks so much lighter and airy. 
 
 I put paper in the back of the openings on the desk, which is busy, but I love it.   
 
I would still like to find some kind of desk chair, and the lamp looks too big sitting next to the TV in my opinion, but it is still worlds better than it was.  Trust me!  (I also better throw in the rivaling opinion that the lamp would look just fine next to a bigger scaled TV. Ha!) 
 
At about this point, someone wanted in on my photo shoot.   
 
Well, yes, I am cute.   
 
I'll be honest.  It's hard for me to want to leave this room.  That's the sign of a job well done, in my book!
 
 
 

1 comment: