Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Still no pictures.  :(  Blogger's help forum emailed to tell me that it was a known problem and would be fixed this week.  Hope so!

Here's some updates from around these parts.

Superman is in love with our Christmas tree.  He stands by it contentedly, sighs and tells me how pretty it is.  This is not a stretch from his every day love of playing with sticks.  Specifically, sticks with leaves.  I've had more conversations about a Cottonwood tree in the past 2 months than I've had in my entire life previously.  I think this is saying something, as I married a forester. 

Superman begs for Hot Chocolate daily and Bear loves Egg Nog. 

I also had ECI (Early Childhood Intervention... they did PT for Bear) back out for a speech evaluation, and was happy to hear he is right on track.  Even since Thanksgiving it is surprising to hear all the new things he has to say.  

Both the boys are big readers.  Superman's current favorite is The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig.  Bear likes a book called Two and Too Much.  It's fitting.  Tonight he was pulling down some books from a shelf and a few fell and landed by his feet.  After a huge gasp he said, "I like it ham! I like it ham! I like it ham!"  Hooray!  An old friend found!  They both love any and all books involving singing. 

The boys are entering a great phase of playing together joyfully.  This comes right at the heels of the phase of tormenting each other and trying to pass it off as play, so I've been one happy mama.  Hopefully this phase will last until everyone moves out of the house.  :)

Superman continues to ask great questions about God and Jesus and has all sorts of stories to tell after church or BSF.  We were in the van the other day and he shouted out, "Thanks for giving us trees and sticks, God!"  Totally out of the blue.  I love seeing and hearing expressions of his grateful heart. 

I'm off to fold laundry and watch tv.... more later!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment