Saturday, January 5, 2013

A few of my Favorite Things

I woke Bear up from a nap yesterday at 3:15.  You type A's out there are nodding your head in agreement, "yes, don't let him sleep too long, he'll never sleep at night!"  The laissez-faire folks have gaping mouths... "wake a sleeping child from a nap!  Are you nuts?"  I pretty much fall in the type A category, but all my favorite families fall on the laissez-faire side of life, so it appeals to me to try and lean that way (opposites attract, right?). But not with matters of sleep.  No way. 

When I got Bear up he just wanted to continue sleeping in my arms.  After trying to get his eyelids to stay cracked for 20 minutes he said, "mama, I gumpy."  Yep, buddy ain't it the truth.  The same thing happens to me when I get woken up.
Superman is stumped.  Why admit your weaknesses?  He responds with, "no, not me.  I'm never grumpy when I wake up."  I cleverly turn my snort in a cough. But, I do need to give credit where credit is due.  These days he hardly ever is grumpy when he wakes up.     

Once again, I found myself thinking about all the ways my boys have grown in the last year +.    Heck, not just my boys, but let's throw me, Jon, our marriage, my faith, and my knowledge of child development and adoption onto the growth side.  This seems to be on my mind a lot lately, possibly since everyone is doing year end reviews and reflections on their blogs.  Or maybe just because my boys have changed in a million ways.

Anyway, it got me thinking about how Bear has been our son longer than he hasn't.  And that is a lovely thing to think. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm in the A catagory with sleep too!! I love reading your blog and it's amazing how God has transformed your lives so much so quickly. Just Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Type A here too
    no messing with sleep
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. And I love how I can still remember your tone of voice and imagine you saying all of these things. Wish I lived closer to verbal process through life with you!!

    ReplyDelete