Tuesday, January 8, 2013

'"Friend" the Finest Word in any Language"

Superman has his first ever imaginary friend. 
This delights me to no end.  
Her name is Mom and she lives under the table in our kitchen.  I'm sure if you were a feminist or a shrink you could pull a lot out of that concept. 
I asked him if it was his first mom that he had in Ethiopia, but nope, a third mom has appeared.  Or not.  :)

Sample conversations, in which I find it hard not to laugh out loud.

Superman yelling from the bathroom:  "Mom?  You doing good?  Mama, Owlie?  You guys being nice to my mom?"

Superman to me:  "Mama can I have candy?"
Me:  "No, not right now."
"That's okay.  I'll just ask my mom.  Hey mom?  Can I have some candy?  Hey!!  My mom said I could have some candy!!"

"Hey!  My mom just said it's going to snow promorrow!  I'm so exciting to see snow promorrow!"

Several times I've found myself asking:  "Are you talking to me or your mom under the table?" 


I'm hoping your Tuesday is filled with as much whimsy as mine is turning out to have!

 

2 comments: