Monday, June 24, 2013

Happenings

In no particular order, things that make me smile. 

1.  Superman has learned a song/game from some older kids that goes:  "Zombie, Zombie, come alive.  Come alive when I count to five".  Superman's version:  "Hobby Lobby come alive..."

2.  Our boys' passports came!  We are so excited that we are going to get to see some old friends in Costa Rica!  Before we had kids and hadn't been married for too long there were a few families that had a tremendous shaping influence in our lives.  The Caires made the list of how we wanted to live and  communicate Jesus now and in the future.  They are currently in language school getting ready to serve in Peru at the Diospi Suyana Hospital beginning this fall.  Also, I should mention that this is where I have found the best ever pancake recipe

3.  Aunt Joy and Uncle BJ are coming to visit on Thursday!  Eeeeeee!

4.  And the fun doesn't stop there!  Our good buddy Robyn is also visiting this week from Papua New Guinea.  She is borrowing one of our cars, which concerns Bear to no end.  "Whaiw da bue caw is?" on repeat. 

5. And the fun doesn't even stop there!  Uncle Eli is coming to celebrate the fourth!

6.  My kids are growing up.  This produces a smile that is strained at times.  Have I told you how it hurts my heart that none of my kids require lids on sippy cups any longer?  Well, it does.  We haven't really gotten his room set up yet, but Superman has graduated to a big kid room and a big kid bed.  He helped me pick out a new comforter online today and was equal parts hilarious and exasperating.  That was after I had already narrowed it down to four choices.  He chose all of them at different times in the discussion.  Classic.


 

7. This one has nothing to do with things making my day, but a house-keeping item.  I've been going back and forth about making our blog private.  Do you have any pros and cons about either?  If you blog, what were your reasons for private vs. public?  If I do decide to make it private, I will of course let you know before I take action.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for #2. You guys are on our list as well of how we want to live. You modeled many Christ-like qualities while we were in Corpus continuing up to now that we use as personal examples. You should talk to Allison about #6. I think she has a blog post brewing on that. #7 is interesting. Our blog is public. Of course it is serving a purpose of communicating with people back home regarding what we are doing, and we hope it helps people to continue to feel connected to us and what we are doing. Also people who might be newly interested might want to read something, and we want it public for that as well. However, it definitely causes me to limit what I put on the blog, how personal I am in what I share, and how revealing I am in regards to the kids lives. I don't think I share much (or anything in truth) there that I would not tell a stranger on the street. We can talk more when you get to CR. We have some fun things planned.

    ReplyDelete