Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Second Grade Field Trip

Seth's class went to Safety City last Friday for a field trip and Noey and I got the privilege to tag along.  The kids were broken up into four groups:  pedestrian safety, bike safety, traffic rules (using the pedal cars), and fire safety.  I always want to be a fly on the wall in my kids' classrooms to see what they are like with their peers and this kind of afforded me the chance.  Seth was so happy to be there and participate.  He also takes rules and safety very seriously, so he was pretty much in his element. 
Getting ready for pedestrian safety.
 
Taking his job of pushing Noey very seriously.   
 
Until he met Captain Leggins! 
 
Touring the truck. 
 
Look at that cutie dog in the window! 
 
Gearing up! 
 
Ready to roll! 
 
Leading the pack, ready to blow everyone away with his appropriate hand signals.  :) 
 
A fussy (because I won't put him down so he can eat leaves) baby. 
 
Stopping at the four way, checking for (pedal) cars! 
 
I guess I didn't get a picture of the fire practice house.  They watch a video and talk about what to do if a house is on fire, then go in this little house which fills up with some kind of vapor smoke to practice crawling to safety.  They really do a great job teaching the kids valuable lessons in all of the stations.  A very fun morning for sure; I was glad Noey and I went too!

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun field trip! Thanks for bringing us along. : )

    ReplyDelete