Monday, December 9, 2019

Carol of the Lights-5K

This race was so much fun. Such a great atmosphere, so many fun, over-the-top Christmas outfits and participants decked out in lights. Times like this make me want to be a real-deal runner. 

How cute is this? They even had a little photo booth with these print-outs. 

Here's most of our crew! With 1,300 participants and a wide range of abilities we had a meet-up stop for after the race so we didn't lose anyone. 

Getting ready! Priorities: Selfies before stretching.  


The run was through Texas Tech, so lots of lights and Christmas-y scenery. 

I think everyone's favorite part was running through the Tech stadium. 

Ollie killed the 5K, with a time around 18 minutes. I am so shocked and proud of him! Seth came in around 25 minutes. Jon ran with a friend's daughter, Bailey, and finished about 10 minutes behind Seth. Jennifer, Nolan, and I stayed together and I actually ran the first mile. (We don't need to mention that my run was the pace of Jennifer's fast walk.) Around the time we got to the stadium a few kids from our crew were waiting to walk with us, otherwise I may have actually run more! Like I said, that fun runners' atmosphere was motivating! We finished in around 44 minutes. Whoop!
We had a blast and Ollie is already asking when we can run another 5k.

No comments:

Post a Comment