Thursday, December 26, 2019

Plainsmen Pals

We signed up to get a buddy that plays high school basketball for our feeder school, the Plainsman. We got paired with coolest kid, he has been so sweet to all the boys and it's been great to be able to attend games and events to cheer him on.





Getting to shoot around before practice.  







It's been so eye-opening for me to hang out at the high school. Some of these players/fans look like legit adults. Grown-up, but highs schoolers. I am never around high school kids, and in fact teach four year olds; pre-k being the complete opposite thing to high school. In just a few years we will have high school kids, in a few years we will have these weird kid-adults. In 5 years our kids will grown and change tremendously and Jon and I will not hardly change at all. Last Friday when we went to a game, I looked at all the students around us and tried to imagine Seth or Ollie making such bizarre clothing choices. (Ha. Do you know what kids are wearing these days?) I could see it happening. 

This is one reason I love the Harry Potter books so much. I think Rowling creates aging students (and Harry) so effortless-ly and honestly. I suppose I should re-read book 2 when Seth turns 12? Parenting research and one of my favorite hobbies collide. 

Anyway, Go Plainsmen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment