Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Eating My Words

Conversation with Jon roughly a year ago:
Me:  Would you ever run a 5k?
Jon:  Only if I could win a medal. 
Me.  Bahahaha......

Conversation with Jon roughly 2 months ago:
Me:  Are you going to start training for that 5k that we signed up for? 
Jon:  Yeah.  I think I'm going to train for a 10k and then just run a 5k really fast.
Me:  Bahahaha.....

I'm eating my words over here, and never have I been more proud or happy to do it!  Jon was a champ and ran his first ever 5k in 29 minutes, placing second for his age category!  Impressive!

Our team. 
One who got pushed, one who ran, one who walked, and one (not pictured) who spent a morning with Mimi and Momo. 

 Getting ready to line up!

It was a little chilly!

Cheering during the awards.

Cheering tons for this award!!  


 

2 comments: