Thursday, April 19, 2012

Equal Parts Delight, Repulsion, and Fascination

We're talking worms, here people. 

The repulsion is mostly on my part.

Jon has been gardening/landscaping up a storm.  I've done a less than stellar job documenting all his projects with before and after pictures, but I will tell you that it has involved lots of digging and worm hunting by a certain little guy. 


We've got a cutie little garden consisting of lettuce, spinach, beets, and carrots.  I'm hoping my calling it a cutie little garden does not down play the manly efforts that have gone into actual food growing in our yard.  We also now have a rock border surrounding two different flower beds (complete with flowers!), a weeded yard (hand-weeded, folks), and variety of new welcoming plants on our front steps.

Meanwhile, S-Man has been absorbed in the task of finding and corralling his little friends.  I have to bite my lip when it seems the crawlers know that death is imminent and somehow escaped S-Man's watch to his complete bafflement.  Last night I heard my favorite line yet, "Uh oh..... two worms now."


  

No comments:

Post a Comment