Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A-Okay!

All is well. 

Surprisingly, once out of surgery it was my calves that were super sore.  I had these tight velcro-y-bands wrapped around them when I woke up, and I'm thinking they must have something to do with my low(ish) blood pressure.  It felt like I had just run a 5k or finally finished P90X.  Has anyone else experienced this phenomena?  Quite unexpected, I tell you.

Here's the last conversation I had with my surgeon.
"What's the recovery going to be like?"
"There is no recovery.  Alright, you ready?"

Turns out that wasn't baloney.  There has been little to no pain.  I keep getting nervous about impending pain, but nope.  Good news, huh? 



5 comments:

  1. Fantastic news! So glad there's little pain! I've never had the leg cramps, but the things they put on your legs is to keep from getting blood clots and it does work your calves out. Weird! So glad you are doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I read your post wrong. Not sure about tighty bands. I was thinking about the things they put on your legs that are like blood pressure cuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy it was easy! (as far as surgery goes I guess) I need these leg contraptions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo glad it went so well! Great news!

    ReplyDelete