Monday, April 9, 2012

Year in a Weekend Recap

Once upon a time, I watched the bachelorette with two good buddies who may or may not still watch the bachelorette.  Lucky me, I got to spend the weekend with those very buddies.  I'll try to record some highlights for posterity's sake.  (And for a friend who has no memory.  I won't name names.) 


Here we are, in our Valentine's Day best.  Mama, Kitchen, and Jessie, according to a certain 3-year-old. He came a long way considering he started the weekend by calling these lovely ladies Kitchen and Other Kitchen.  I think his best line of the weekend was when Jessie got up and he said, "Look.... This one awake."

During our time together we managed to squeeze in a communal birthday party, Easter, Groundhog Day, 4th of July, Christmas, first day of school, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Super Bowl, New Year's, Valentine's Day, Halloween, and Saint Patty's day.  Whew.  No wonder both our boys have been found crashed out in the living room in the days that followed.



One of my favorite parts of the weekend included opening Christmas presents and then playing Hedbanz, Kristen's gift for Jon.


The gist of the game includes sticking an unseen card to your forehead, then asking yes/no questions to try and guess what you are.  Lots of "Have I been there?  Do I like me?  Do you like me?  Am I fun?" type of questions.  

One of my other favorite parts of the weekend was lunch at On the Border.  It was good to just sit and catch up, and I realized that although I have known these buds for a least 10 years, there were still new things I learned about each of them.  Now I feel old saying that I have known my college buds for at least 10 years.  Sheesh.  Didn't we just graduate?

I feel blessed to still have these women in my life and look forward to more weekend rendezvous in the future. 

Just watch out for that jellyfish.  She'll attack hula girls.










2 comments:

  1. So fun! And so fun to see all of those faces together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greatness! So glad you guys had a great time together.

    ReplyDelete