Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I think we are trapped in a whirlwind.  Or maybe this is what people are talking about when they start asking where the time went.  Between house guests, the hubs traveling for work, Dallas helmet adjustments, surgery for the boys, upcoming surgery for myself, and some other things that are fleeing my sleep-deprived brain, we haven't had a free weekend in who knows how long.  My guess is around 8 weeks.  This may be the new normal. 

We just watched Moneyball.  I give it two thumbs up.  Questions:  Do all baseball teams now run their organizations based on statistics presented in the movie?  If not, why?  If so, doesn't that negate the idea of beating a team with deep pockets if everyone is doing it?  Once upon a time, my wise older brother told me that I just didn't understand baseball and I should keep my mouth shut after I made some flippant comment about how easy the game was.  No strategy.  Just hit the ball and run.  Sadly, we were probably even at a game when I said such things, trying to find a comfortable position for a nap after my book had been confiscated.  Now, it seems as if he may have been right.

Here's some other big, blog worthy news... the M&M's are moving to our very own town!  They sold their house in Oklahoma before it was even listed.  In like, 2 days.  When I heard this, I told them to get on their hands and knees and thank the good Lord above.  Hurry on down, I say.  We are looking for cheap (free!) babysitters, because as you may or may not remember, we still haven't seen the 2nd half of the Hunger Games.

And I'll give once last shout out.... Happy birthday grrrrrandpa!

1 comment:

  1. I wondered how long it would take for the M&M's to not be able to stand being away from you all ;) So happy for everyone! Can't beat having family in the same town. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete