Thursday, August 30, 2012

What Kind of Kids are We Raising?

Today, I was sitting. 
Reading a library book. 
Bear walks up, says, "book!" and immediately rips out part of page and shoves it in his mouth.
I die laughing.
He says, "yuck", but chews thoughtfully for 5 more minutes before making his way over to the trash can.   
You can insert your own clever pun here about how he is hungry for knowledge or some such.

After dinner the same child bursts into tears because I tell him we are having cookies and not ice cream for dessert.  (We never even have dessert.)  (And we had ice cream for lunch.)  (And obviously Jon is out of town.)
He shoved a whole oreo in his mouth, while he still had a giant crocodile tear on his cheek. 

Then my sons were at their sweetest/most disgusting.  They were working on their twisting apart and licking skills while also being 100% darling by sharing their cookies with each other.  Twist, lick, swap, repeat.  It melted my heart and made me want to gag. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment